1. Tin foil
2. Paper Clay (Paper Clay works best)
3. Orange, black (optional), and black paint
4. Aerosol varnish or sealer (optional)
1. Ball up the tin foil roughly to the shape you want it to be. You can also shape your stem but that all depends on how long you want it to be.
2. Get a clump of clay roughly the 1/3 the size of your tin foil armature.
3. Shape your jack'. Remember to make your features slightly over exaggerated because when you paint it some details will be lost.
4. Paint it. Brush brown paint over the entire thing. Now paint the head orange. I find a mix of brown and orange to better suite my pumpkins. You can also paint the the eyes and mouth black
5. Seal it. Cover the stem in tin foil so it's not glossy or use matte sealer. Spray it in short bursts (outside).
One devious little jack'. One cool thing you could do is install a fake candle. It's a great gift.