You new?

Here I'll give you helpful information on how to make an awesome yard haunt with how-to's, inspiration, and updates on my current projects. These are the components of my haunt, "Mire Cemetery".

22.11.09

New Pumpkinrot inspired ground breaker

Well, It's not exactly all new. I'm using the head I built before 09's Halloween. The body is made completely out of tape, news paper, and wire (I even used copper electrical wire). The ribcage hasn't been started yet because I'm still studying them. The main technique I used was wrapping CRUMPLED news paper around wire. Crumpling it will make it flow better and will make it easier to mache later. I basically first made a "t" out of the cardboard tubing found on a wire hanger and a long mache pulp cylinder. After the mache cylinder was dry I taped the cardboard tube to it. DO NOT USE DUCT TAPE for this project. It tends to slowly unstick and move. Just don't use it. Anyways, the rest of the body was made by wrapping wire with news paper. Remember to tightly tape the arms with masking tape or (if you want) duct tape. Duct tape actually works pretty good for this but really nothing else.
Here are some pictures of it so far.

And a view of the hand.

I actually stayed up until 2:00 or 3:00am last night making his arms and hand.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Anything.